Created: November 12, 2015 / Updated: March 24, 2017 / Status: draft / 4 min read (~718 words)
Over the next year (and hopefully years), I plan on working on AI, but more particularly what is known as AGI, Artificial General Intelligence.
Since I am the kind of person that enjoys to overly plan, I've been thinking about the whole process for a while. Here's a brief overview of how I plan to construct my days as well as my work.
- Decide and plan on which projects I will work today
- Video log
- What will I be doing today?
- What might be blocking me or will be difficult and how do I plan to tackle that?
- Record my thoughts: Either through video logs or through written notes, which is the more likely option. This will allow me to search my thoughts as well as organize them as necessary. Furthermore, I hope I'll be able to optimize my thought flow through tools.
- Video log
- What have I done during the day?
- What are the key takeaway of the day?
- What didn't I do?
- Take notes (of interesting sections and ideas)
- Write down thoughts
- Write down questions related to what is being read (for further exploration)
- Explore right away a question I might have had
I plan on working on multiple mini projects in order to ensure diversity as well as to allow me to spot projects which have the potential to be interesting and rewarding. However all projects are valuable in their own and it is important to reflect on the project at the end in order to extract things we'll want to repeat in the future as well as things we'll want to avoid.
- Post mortem
- What went wrong
- What went right
- Update the status of all tracked activities
- Write a list of things that were done during the month regarding each activity that was done. The purpose is to review what was done as well as provide a way to determine how well a project may/may not be progressing. It is also a good time for me to look at each individual activity that was done during the month and evaluate if I want to keep doing it or not.
- Write a post-mortem of the month, describing the good/bad of my current process and progress, with a section suggesting improvements to try for the next few months.
- Plan the projects/activities I will be working on next month, as well as their time allocation.
I will be experimenting with this process in the next few weeks and will iterate on it as I see fit. I will thus be updating this post as changes occurs and I think of better ways to do my work.